Lifecycle Marketing Director Overview:
We’re looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Director to manage our email, SMS and programmatic direct mail programs including the operations and data strategy to grow our new and existing audiences, drive revenue, and increase loyalty and lifetime value. You will lead the strategy, development, rollout, execution, and operations and analytics of our lifecycle marketing programs, including campaign and one-off sends, as well as triggered communications such as our welcome and abandon cart series, re-engagement and post-purchase flows. You will also maintain database hygiene within our ESP, Klaviyo and our SMS platform, Attentive.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized, analytical, strategic and results-driven, with strong knowledge of daily email and SMS operations. The candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial DTC environment where multitasking and time management with on-time delivery is critical to success.
In this role, you will report to the Chief Growth Officer, and work cross-functionally with the broader marketing and growth teams to establish new and evolve existing efforts, best practices, and consumer journeys and execute campaigns using data to drive value for consumers and the business.
- Lead strategy and oversee execution of all lifecycle touchpoints including email, SMS, and programmatic direct mail, across acquisition, retention, and winback
Manage marketing operations including audience segmentation, cadence, and the use of 1st party data to drive performance across acquisition, retention, and winback, in email, SMS and programmatic direct mail
- Own the relationship and collaborate with our ESP and SMS providers, our email marketing agency, and freelancers on all campaigns, ad-hoc efforts and triggered flows, template optimizations and refreshes, and staying abreast of industry best practices and internal findings
- Monitor deliverability for all email and SMS campaigns, keeping benchmark documentation, addressing deliverability concerns and providing solutions when deliverability does not meet benchmark
- Analyze and report on email, SMS and programmatic DM performance, using both quantitative and qualitative analysis to draw insights for optimization
- Maintain reference documentation of historical data, including channel and audience taxonomy
- Plan the distribution of all sends against the marketing calendar and develop and track the learning agenda that includes an A/B testing roadmap
- Ensure removal and/or suppression of bad email addresses and domains, hard bounces, complaints, and inactive subscribers
- Lead projects with a proactive approach, identifying roadblocks and potential solutions before they impact the timeline
- Execute occasional HTML coding as necessary
- Deliver against key engagement and revenue goals
- 6-10 years of hands-on experience in email, SMS, CRM, and/or lifecycle marketing, in an ecommerce or DTC environment
- High proficiency in marketing automation technologies to to drive business results, and ESPs and SMS platforms (Klaviyo and Attentive preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of customer segmentation techniques, and lifecycle management
- Experience in marketing analytics and analytics tools such as Google Analytics to measure how CRM is contributing toward business goals and to identify challenges and opportunities
- Extensive email deployment experience and understanding of QA processes
- Hands on experience with HTML and responsive email templates
- Ability to work collaboratively with both external vendors and agencies as well as internal teams
- Ability to give creative direction for both visual design and copy that results in action-driving and on-brand deliverables
- Strong verbal and written communicator with the ability to oversee lots of moving parts with strong attention to detail
- Analytical, resourceful and a creative problem solver with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Familiarity with responsive design and journey building
- Knowledge of email standard methodologies and deliverability
- High attention to detail, time management and project management skills
- Data driven, with extensive experience working with data to pull insights and provide strategic recommendations
- Collaborative, positive and proactive mindset that thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Excellent verbal, social, and written communication skills
Interested? Submit your resume to [email protected] and be sure to note the job title in your subject line.